බුමුතුරුණු වල ලියැවුනු තල වපුරා මුං බලාපොරුත්තුවීමේ ආනිසංස කෙසේ ද? ලිපියට මා ලිවු ප්රතිචාරය සහ ඔහුගෙන් ලැබු ප්රතිචාරයත් කියවා මෙය කියවන්න.
Just call me Muditha – seniority just because I was born earlier don’t count anymore.
I aplogize for writing in English, I am fighting with time these days and I type very slow in Sinhala.
I agree it is a social problem.
So now what is/are the solution/s?
1. We could think of changing the social system of the whole world.
2. we could fight for changing the social system of Sri lanka.
3. We could change the social system around us (your neighborhood, village, university, faculty, etc.)
For me number 3 sounds feasible. 1 and 2 are just dreams.
Mahatma Gandhi said “Be the change you want to see in the world”. Most politics are local. So whatever it is it has to start small. Wholesale social changes which our socialist parties are expecting and dreaming about is not possible anymore.
Here are some reasons why I believe like that.
1. Socialism failed and failing all around the world. Russia, Cuba, China, Even Venezuela
2. China is a fake socialist country now. They are a market economy, open economy whatever you want call it
3. Cuba recently announced layoffs in the government sector – about 1/2 million. Socialism = big government. Big governments always are corrupt and inefficient. In few years you will see this in SL too. As we have seen for the past 60 years.
4. Venezuela – Read about the recent election news and why the ruling party lost the 2/3rd.
As economists believe the main way to reduce poverty is the economic development. I saw an interview with Vasudeva (before he betrayed people with the 18th), even he agreed that development in Sri Lanka has made people’s lives better. So what is happening now in our country?
Like in china where the younger generation has made a “deal with the devil” and given up their rights and freedoms with the hope for development and better lives. It is in a way paying off for them in their selfish desires. Politicians and businessmen in Sri Lanka are trying to get Sri Lankan youth to go there too.
I know I am asking for trouble by this but tell me why I am wrong. I would continue this discussion.